This year Washington Romance Writers celebrates the 35th anniversary of our annual retreat, In the Company of Writers and here are TEN reasons why you need to join us!
- You’ll never get lost in the crowd!
- Our mission is for you to leave energized with that ‘Can’t Wait to Write That Feeling’
- A great lineup of speakers, editors, and agents from St Martin’s Press to Entangled
- Deep Dive Sessions!
- Price is the same as last year!
- It’s a great small, intimate setting where you can make true connections
- You’ll develop amazing industry contacts
- Costume Contest!
- It’s like a slumber party with your besties and you get to write!
- Our chapter is stronger and more committed than ever
NOTE 1: The WRW Board, Retreat Committee and Romance Jeopardy Committee decided to put Romance Jeopardy on hiatus for 2019. As with the Marlene Contest–or any activity we do “because we’ve always done it that way” — we recognize that it’s time to reassess whether RJ fits the needs of the current WRW community or if instead our chapter might be better served by something different, be that RJ 2.0 or a totally fresh offering.
NOTE 2: If you have an idea for a Deep Dive session, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it to the list. Include whether or not you’d be willing to facilitate the discussion
NOTE 3: Drinks from the bar and tickets for the raffle baskets are extra, so add a little into your budget for these!
Check out the WRW website to register and to find the most up-to-date agenda.