- One electronic copy of a synopsis (up to 5 pages) and the beginning of the manuscript not to exceed 35 pages total for synopsis and manuscript pages. Important: Your attachment file must be received as one.doc or .rtf file that should include your manuscript pages first and then your synopsis second.
- Files must be saved as: storyinitials-Marlene-category.doc or storyinitials-Marlene-category.rft (example: Little Red Ridinghood should be: LRR-Marlene-YA.doc).
- The categories for purposes of file saving are: YA, RE, Single, Short, Para, Erotic, RS, and Hist.
- Entries must be presented in proper standard manuscript format: double-spaced on 8 ½” x 11” pages with one-inch margins using a standard 12-pt. font such as Courier, Courier New or Times Roman.
- The title and category of entry must appear in the top left corner and the page number in the top right corner of every page.
- The author’s name may not appear anywhere on the manuscript or synopsis.
- Each entry must also include the following information:
b. Author’s name
d. Phone number
e. Email address
f. Projected word count
g. Targeted publisher/line
Entrants who do not comply with the above rules will be contacted and given until the contest deadline to make corrections. Failure to comply by the deadline will disqualify the entrant and the entry fee will be forfeited.